I’m delightful that Linda Arthur Tejera has kindly nominated me in the LIEBSTER award. Thank you very much for your generous.
To be honest, I’m not good at dealing with this kind of award nomination around the blogsphere because I sometimes tend to be confused how to follow the rules and everything. Moreover, I’m afraid of unintentionally offending someone such as nominating them but they might not be comfortable to get it (I don’t know how to explain this behavior but we could name it ‘Kreng Jai’ in Thai word which means ‘be too courteous’ or ‘be afraid of offending’. Someone might not be able to understand how it can affect our process of thinking for Thai people but this belief or behavior has been taught to every generations in Thailand).
However, I think this award has the great objective for promoting some blogs around the WordPress world as you can see from the award’s rules:
The Award is a “pay-it-forward” thing as you must complete these requirements:
1. Post the Award on my blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave me the Award and link back to their site.
3. Post 11 random facts about myself.
4. Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the Award has asked.
5. Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who I want to receive the Award.
6. Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own.
I’ve already followed the 1 and 2 items, but I’d like to do the number 5 and 6 first.
The number 5 is my favorite one as it’s the good opportunity for me to nominate other blogs with less than 200 followers. But, it came to the tricky time as I thought I couldn’t know how many followers of those blogs around here if they don’t show the number on their blogs (like mine). However, I just accidentally found the number when I reviewed the page of the blog I follow (not the reader feed). Yes, I was much surprised that WordPress shows the number of blog followers for other bloggers who happen to follow your blog. What is the purpose of this function? Perhaps for this award?
Anyway, I finally chose the 11 blogs that I’d like to share them to others. Most of my following blogs have their followers more than 200 while some of them don’t. So I decided to share blogs that the owners are still active on the blog business. Some are new, some are not.
Let’s meet the other WordPress blogs, shall we?
Cancer: My Journey back to health-licking & screaming the whole damn way.
- The owner of this blog is Laura Lynn. I found her unfeigned blog from thedimwitdiary’s shout out (Thanks to him). And I have been captured by her sincere, yet humorous, words towards the world she are living in. She definitely has a wonderful gift to tell vivid and animated stories. I love reading her blogs and hopefully she keeps writing them.
The casual diary of you, me & the dog.
- ‘We live in a flat’ is the name of this 3-months old blog. The blog is about their life and the dog named ‘Donna’. I like the way the blog owner described about living with dogs on their About page.
A dog is not a plastic toy. Like living with another human, living with a dog requires constant adjusting to one another’s moods and proclivities. And just as a person grows and changes, a dog does to. -http://weliveinaflat.wordpress.com/
NICOCOBELL Keep Smiling
- I have followed her blog because of her moment of silliness on the About page. Ha Ha, not only that reason but also her photos of dogs and cats showing how she convey their perfect moments.
This is my journey of photography with my Holga and me
- In the fast paced world where every one goes digital, it’s kind of intriguing for me that someone is still ‘Living La Vida Holga’. Actually, I was also interested in Holga and Lomo but eventually I didn’t pursue those cameras. Therefore when I found debbstar (blog owner) who has passion for film cameras, I didn’t hesitate to keep up with her journey with Holga.
Taking a Deep Breath
- I could meet her among our WordPress’s challenges which is great as we can see what other blogs’ interpretation for each challenges. Moreover, it’s remarkable when you could get to know the other cultures just on the mouse clicking, right?
twotwerps and their adventures in comic land
- Twotwerps visited my blog when I posted something tagged with comic (I thought). Of course, I went to their blog too and read their creative About page. They also said that they will post their comic on the weekly basis. And there’s no way for me to turn down the chance to freely read comics?
through the viewfinder … with feline assistance
- Just by saying the word feline on the tag line can capture my attention. Certainly, the tag line is followed with the photos of cats taken by David (the blog owner).
- peggystevenson.com is the name of the blog. There are many street photography on this blog which it is one of the photo types that I couldn’t bring myself to do that. I think people who can take the street photo must be good at human relation which I don’t have that skill. I liked street photos on this blog as I think the owner could snap the moments that intrigue me.
- I like her profile photo and her cat’s photos. The cat is so adorable. And this blog is just a month old so it would be nice to drop by her blog. (Remember the time when we had our first month of blogs?)
judy lesko Blogging from the Bubble
- Judy Lesko is also another blog that I will meet around the WordPress’s challenges. And I like the description of herself as the third person on the About page. It’s kind of refreshing to read it.
Tracking my journey in Thailand, life, and so on
- This one might not be much active as other blogs, nevertheless ‘The Journey of Andrew Cassidy’ is still updated once in a while. He comes to Thailand to teach English and this blog is his journey in Thailand (certainly). Despite being Thai, I’m not crazy about the sugar-coating stories about my own country. So after reading some of his posts, I think he told what he genuinely wanted to say and that’s great.
The last item on the rules which to ask the 11 blogs with my own questions. However, as I explained earlier about my ‘Kreng Jai’ nature so I just want to tell those mentioned blog owners to not feel obligation for the rules. (And if you’re uncomfortable for this nomination, sorry for that.)
Speaking of my own 11 questions, it’s quite difficult for me to think of those questions as I’m not good at making small talk or asking different questions to people whom I might not know them personally. Sometimes, this shortcoming made me falls in the awkward situations. So let’s use the questions that I asked myself on my About page + one question from me.
1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
2. What’s the #1 most played song on your music player?
3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
4. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
6. What is your favorite form of exercise?
7. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
8. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
9. What is your favorite body part?
10. What sound do you love?
11. Why 11?
To those who has photo blogs and might want to join this but not comfortable to change the nature of the blog to give the answers. It would be great if you post 11 photos describing something about being you, your life and dream.
Ok, we have 2 remaining items which are my random facts and answers to the presenter’s questions.
The 11 random facts of mine.
- I stopped watching every television shows broadcasting on my country’s free TV channels since 2007, and I can survive except that I might not be able to talk to my friends or co-workers about the current talks of the town in my country if they’re not on the Internet.
- I like to keep my desktop computer as clean as I can. I can’t stand seeing my desktop full of icons too long. (>_<)
- My colleagues gave me nickname (besides my real Thai nickname) as a Robot because I tend to do things like I’ve been programmed.
- According to item no.3, I like that nickname very much so I created the photo of me to represent it.
- My face sometimes looks unfriendly when my expression is emotionless. So there were times when people didn’t like me just because of my straight face.
- I have my magic words for lifting up my low self-esteem when something bad happens to me or I do something stupidly. The sentence is “I am cute”. I would repeatedly talk to myself until my mood has been lightened up. The statement might seem too much self-conceited but it did help me a lot in the past.
- Twice in my life so far, I have been on stages to sing songs in front of 50-100 people in two different parties: – First time was that I sang my favorite one. ‘Yark Rong Dunk Dunk‘ (Wanna sing out loud), and another time was when I sang a Thai country song from the most famous Thai female artist in this genre. ‘Poo Chai Nai Fun‘ (A man in my dream).
- I sometimes read some words and quickly map them to my brain’s glossary for example; every time I see the name of this award my brain will map it with Lobster and my memory will come up with oh…it was yummy. And then, I will think ‘No, it’s not that word.’ and I tell my brain to behave and read the word correctly.
No, not this lobster!
- I once in while will jump and dance around my bedroom when nobody sees me while I am listening to the lively songs.
- I love reading so much that I’m always grateful towards my aunt who helped developing the love of reading in me since I was a little child. As well as my dad who encouraged my reading habit by buying a lot of books for me even tough we didn’t have much money at that time but he was willing to pay for them.
- At this moment, this post will be the longest post on this completely disappear. Moreover, I spent almost 1 and a half day gathering information, preparing and writing it. And I’m happy to do so.
For the presenter’s questions. Okie Dokie, let’s go:
1. If you could be an animal, what type of animal would you be? => Dory, just keep swimming.
2. What is your favorite food? => Beef and squid.
3. What is your favorite TV show? => From current shows, they are Bones, Glee, Pretty Little Liars, Girls, The Mentalist, Suits, and Lee Soon Shin is the best (Korean).
4. What is your guilty pleasure? => One of them is what I’ve written about in this post.
5. Link to your favorite recipe? => My mom’s beef stew which I haven’t posted it anywhere yet.
6. Best place you have ever visited? => Very difficult to make decision, let’s say Japan.
7. What was your favorite childhood tv or book character? => Ikkyū-san.
Picure Credit: corp.toei-anim.co.jp
8. What is your most recent good deed? => I might not be a generous person as I think I am because my memory has gone blank for this question. Can I say ‘helping my new colleague to settle himself according to my company’s policy even though no one assigned me to do that’?
9. If you could only take two things with you from your home, what would they be? => My purse and iPhone.
10. What is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you? => The moment I was facing the T-rex while riding the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studio, LA.
11. If you could turn back time, what would that time be? => To those times when I traveled in Japan.
Alright, I think I’ve done all of the things I need to do for this award.Thank you to Linda Arthur Tejera again for the award nomination. Thank you to the blogs that I gladly to know them via the blogsphere. Thank you to everyone who still reads and writes blogs.
Blogging is back in my world.